Last night I made the cauliflower crust pizza. I changed it up a little bit by upping the amount of ground flax seed to about 1/3 of a cup, using fresh oregano AND dried oregano, using 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower and 4 eggs (they were small). I also used the Martha Stewart Foil and Parchment in One paper. Don’t take my lead on this last one. It does NOT work as well for this purpose. The bottom of the crust was not as crispy as it usually it while the top browned perfectly. I also felt that the crust needed a little more salt/pepper/flavor. I’m thinking I may add in some ground red pepper flakes next time. Give it some more zing.
P helped me this time, too. He beat the eggs with a whisk after I had broken them into a bowl, he added the cheese, poured in the eggs, poured in the pre-measured ground flax and helped me mix the crust mixture. He was NOT good at pressing the mixture into the pan. At that point I let him transfer the leftover mixture back and forth between two bowls.
It was good…but the crust left something to be desired: more crispy, more spice.